Friday, February 8, 2008

Success!

I have always wondered what I would do for a living and where I might be. My whole life I have planned and tried to control everything that I do. Choosing your career and what you will do for the rest of your life is a HUGE deal! How can one truly only pick one career and be happy with that decision? I started by asking myself questions such as: what do I enjoy doing in life?, If I could get paid to do something I loved what would it be?, what must I do to make a career out of these ideas?, and so on. This was the start to something amazing! I ended up going to Baker College for EKG Technician because well everyone knows that the medical field makes good money, and it sounded like a pretty fun job. When I arrived at orientation after all paperwork was signed I was advised that there no longer was an EKG program and that I would have to change majors. So I decided to go into medical assisting 2 year associates program. After living the college life and not being able to pass the beautiful college girl down the hall up when she asked if I could help her with her homework until 2am. I realized I needed to change so that I could get a good education and have a balanced life. Also in college I was completely broke I had maybe $400 in my bank account. Anyway a long story shortER haha, I ended up getting a job at at&t full time. WOW the highest paying job I have ever made! At the age of 19 I was pretty happy. I still work for at&t but now I have my own company Spark Boards Inc. A snowboarding, wakeboarding, and skateboarding company. I am now happy with my decisions and trying to get the company off the ground. If anyone would like to help me out they can Donate money on the Spark Blog on the right hand side. I finally took my own advice and am trying to make a career out of something I love Snowboarding, wakeboarding, and skateboarding. Moral of the story do what makes you happy and if you make a career out of it you really cant go wrong.

No comments:

Google