Friday, March 7, 2008

Believing is Seeing

There's an old saying that says "Seeing is Believing" but I believe that to be all wrong. I believe that Believing is Seeing. See in my life I have encountered so many miracles, and have seen unbelievable things, but it wasn't until I wanted to see them that these sights or miracles became visible. Amazing things happen in our lives each and every single day, that we take for granted or don't even realize.

As I thought about this idea all day yesterday I realized that some people don't want to believe in God. They feel that their life is fine without God, or maybe they just feel that Christianity is nothing more than trying to be a good person. Well in reality if you have a strong belief towards something then you begin to open up the world around it. You learn, grow, and become more in tune with all aspects of your beliefs.

I mean look at it this way if Seeing was Believing in the Christian faith then why doesn't everyone believe? Everyone encounters God in there lives everyday even if they don't believe. Everyone has seen some kind of miracle or awesome works of God, yet people choose to make up excuses or unproven scientific answers as to why that miracle happened. I feel that God spoke to me last night as I was praying and pondering on this subject.

I asked him why everyone didn't believe in him because I know everyone has seen some way in which God has worked in there lives or the lives of someone they love? Instantly he said "they have to believe it for themselves." As I thought about that a little longer that is exactly the missing piece to the puzzle. I can tell everyone in my life about how awesome God is and all the amazing things he has done for me in hopes that they will want that for themselves, but what it all boils down to is I can't make anyone believe in him and I will never force anyone to believe in him.

It is just very sad to me to see people miss out on the greatest gift of all. Eternal Life!
In your life is seeing believing, or is believing seeing?

1 comment:

jbnarc said...

you hit the nail on the head. we'd love to be able to coerce people into "the truth" but because of individual soul liberty people are allowed to make their own decisions.

somebody, i honestly forgot who, put it this way..."Every person (soul) has the ability to approach God and interpret God for themselves. If an individual makes a mistake in the exercise of his soul sovereignty in their approach to, or interpretation of God, then he must settle with God on that score. But no other human can coerce him to approach any other way other than he chooses for himself."

Google